James (Jim) Burhans, ABR, CEBA, CRS, GRI, Broker
Burhans Buyers' Realty LLC
Greenville, North Carolina
What A Buyers Agent Will Do For You
Information And Counseling
- Explain the forms of agency available to you and explain how different relationships may affect the level and type of service a Buyer may receive from a real estate agent.
- Offer to enter into a written Agency Agreement with the Buyer. The agreement will include fee structure and payment method and the responsibilities of both parties.
- Pledge absolute confidentiality to a Buyer when representing him/her.
- Counsel the Buyer regarding his/her financial qualifications and assist the Buyer in finding and working with mortgage lenders.
- Inform the Buyer if any conflict of interest develops or if there is any change in the agency relationship.
Searching For A Property
- Discuss preferences in size, areas, styles, age, floor plans, and develop a property profile.
- Search the entire real estate market, including the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), properties for sale by owners, and new homes (where appropriate).
- Inform the Buyer about any defects or problems he/she has observed or discovered regarding the property.
- Prepare a comparative market analysis, to determine the property's
fair market value.
- Explain the choices available in each section of an offer to purchase and explain the alternatives available to the Buyer.
- Advise the Buyer to seek legal counsel where appropriate.
- Prepare the offer to purchase in a manner which will protect the Buyers interest. Will provide proper disclosures regarding agency representation and any other matters as required by law.
- Develop negotiation strategies with the Buyer, including pre-set limits on key points of negotiation when the Buyer wishes to do so.
- Counsel the Buyer regarding the time requirements in the contract and encourage the Buyer to have professional inspectors inspect the property if the contract is accepted.
After The Offer To Purchase Is Accepted
- Will counsel the Buyer about home inspections, and provide the names of real estate inspectors. Will encourage the Buyer to be present during inspections.
- Will explain options available to the Buyer regarding items in the inspection report.
- Where appropriate, will notify the Seller or the Seller's Agent in writing of inspectors' findings and the Buyers choice of any options available to the
- Maintain contact with the title company and mortgage company to insure that the Buyers interests are being protected.
- Will review the settlement statement with the Buyer at or before closing.
- Will attend the closing with the Buyer and be prepared to answer questions the Buyer may have.
More About Professional Designations And Why They Are Important To You
What Are Fiduciary Duties And Why Are They Important?
The Secret Big Corporations Have Known For Years
What Others Say About Buyer Agency
Find A Buyers Agent In A Different City Or State
Always Use A Qualified Agent Who Will Work For YOU!
Please fill out this inquiry form and we will contact you.
James (Jim) Burhans, ABR, CEBA, CRS, GRI, Broker
This website does NOT use "cookies" or try to identify you without your knowledge.
Please see our Privacy Statement.
Tips For Home Buyers
Relocating? Some Things You Should Think About
Economic Stability-A declining employment rate in a area spells trouble for the future resale possibilities of a home.
Community Pride-How well is the community maintained? Is there litter in the streets and lawns that are obviously not cared for properly?
Municipal Services-Is there a public library and how well is it stocked? What are the crime statistics? Is the police force effective and responsive to community needs? Are fire stations located nearby so that they also can respond quickly in an emergency? Does the city have well maintained and parks? Community events, such as an annual parade? Are there activities available for all ages from children through senior citizens?
A good real estate agent will have amassed a wealth of information on these subjects.
Schools-Even if you don't have children or your children are grown and gone from home, schools are very important. They reflect the community's willingness to invest in it's future by providing a quality education for their children. Check to see how local students score on the standardized tests. You can ask your agent about these things, and there are also school reports available for free on the Internet. You can also obtain the phone number of the local school district and check with them yourself.
Property Taxes-While we all like to see lower property taxes, as some point they can be too low and not provide enough money for the city to provide proper services for their residents. While you do not want to live in a community that taxes it's homeowners excessively, it is important to strike a balance between taxes and quality of infrastructure (streets, sewers, water supply).
Burhans Buyers' Realty LLC, 606 Eleanor Street Greenville, NC, 27858 is a licensed North Carolina Real Estate Brokerage, James (Jim) Burhans, Broker.
This site is owned by BUYER'S BROKER INC, a licensed California Real Estate Brokerage.
CA BRE Lic# 01401569
Email John Rygiol